Monday, August 01, 2005

Well, today involved a lot of driving. Mondays always do. The kids had swim lessons in the small city and then they had yoga in the bigger city.

I took LaDawn and her kids with us to yoga because she had to pick up x-rays and it was part of the car ride. She really enjoyed it. She thought it was good for the kids. She saw the value and that was kind of what I wanted. She didn't think she'd go every week, but she's planning on going again and I think it'd do her ADHD boy a world of good.

I remembered the jam and eggs for the instructor, but forgot my checkbook, which was embarrassing and aggravating.

It's been that kind of day.

Genny's apparently got a bladder infection because she has to pee "really bad" complete with squirming and freaking out every two seconds. We were thinking that was the issue a couple weeks ago, gave her a bunch of cranberry juice and she was better and today, she's worse than ever, claiming she has to pee really bad, but only able to pee 2 drops. We've got an appointment tomorrow around noon in the little city, which I'll drive to for Genny, after I've taken LaDawn to the bigger city to her orthopedist and to Walmart for copious grocery shopping. She's got an empty fridge.

I just feel bad because she's having to eat $200 for not working two days and I would be willing to help, but she's needed the down time, too.

I can't get over our kids. They never ever want to stop playing with each other. They saw each other over the weekend quite a bit, they spent the entire day together and they were scheming up ways to spend more time together. However, L.'s brother, who's kind of socially impaired called and invited her to Sizzler, which was so totally uncharacteristic of him that she elected to go, to the dismay of all 4 children, who pissed and moaned and tried to invite themselves alternately to dinner, our house, L's house, etc.

We reminded them that they'll see each other tomorrow, which they crabbed about, but then reluctantly accepted.

School will start soon. I keep reminding myself of that. School will start soon.

No comments: