Monday, August 29, 2005

First day of school was today for Russell.

First, they want him to walk a quarter mile with cerebral palsy and braces to the bus stop. The only other option through the bus people is for him to have to ride the bus with all the severely handicapped kids. Russell said he didn't want to do that (all his friends are on the regular bus, he doesn't want to be different, etc.), but that he thought it was kind of far to have to walk with his braces. Mike is just going to take him on his way to work.

Second, we've got all of Russell's stuff color-coded for his various classes, syllabi signed, questions of the special ed liason asked, and emails sent. Tomorrow, I buy binders and tab thingies for some of his classes. I find the whole thing rather heinous after already setting up one system of organization, that we will have to have several.

Third, my period is here 4 days early again. LaDawn is snippy today, as I was yesterday, which means hers is next, and we'll both be grumpy and crampy. Isn't close girlfriend period synchronicity, fun? I hate to think when Sarah's is.

Fourth, my back hurts so bad, I wish I could just rip out my spinal column. My low back feels like I've got a big giant electric eel back there laying across it and jolting me out of my skin every so often. I'd like to turn that eel into stew. I wonder if electric eel cooks itself? hee.

Fifth, tomorrow, I've got more stuff to do for Russell at school, so it'll probably be a buttcrack of dawn morning again. I think it's dreadful that anyone should get up this early, much less have to spend a fucking hour on the bus after doing so. Thus, the reason, he's getting a ride with Daddy.

Sixth, my husband has become a Runescape addict. He plays every freakin' moment he's home. It's not cool because he's coming home late and not having much time to spend with us anyhow, but then he buries himself on the computer, which sucks.

No comments: