Sunday, August 28, 2005

Today was another in what seems like an endless week of summer entertainment of children -- we went to the water park for the second day in a row. Mike practically begged to stay home and work on the yard and do laundry. You have to know that normally to get Mike to do heavy work in the hot sun requires an act of God. He admits to being a fundamentally lazy man and he loathes the heat. Tomorrow, however, school starts, so my one-woman entertainment extravaganza will end.

All good things come to an end and heck, even some of the the not so good.

I'm kind of bummed I don't get to play with the kids all the time, but I have been really missing my alone and down time. I've had such a hard time getting stuff done with the kids here. Genny's cute and Russell's funny and sweet, but sometimes, I need to just hear myself think and I swear their squabbling has been hitting new heights sometimes.

I'm looking forward to getting the kitchen floor scrubbed and the children's bathroom firehosed out. I'm looking forward to having all the laundry put away and getting my livingroom neat enough that I don't feel humiliated every time someone walks through the door.

I'll grant you that I now realize that my thyroid has been functioning at less than stellar levels, which is why I've been feeling more depressed, lethargic, and generally, toasted. Speaking of toasted, I'm going to be hammered, if I don't get to bed soon. I have to get up with the boy and husband and get to the big city where the boy has school and the husband has work and his car.

Night-night.

No comments: