Monday, August 15, 2005

I went to church with Mike and LaDawn and spent most of it leaning against Mike, sucking on sour altoids from LaDawn, so I didn't throw up or pass out. I followed most of the sermon, despite snoozing through some of it, but I felt wobbly.

We went to IHOP afterwards, and then I came home and napped.

Then, thinking I'm all that and a bag of chips, I did too damned much, so the pain is keeping me up.

I called my brother and talked to my nephew and niece to wish them Happy Birthday. Damn, they are cute kids!

Way cute.

The niece went into this long detailed discussion about her bird, Blue. Blue isn't as dumb as Pedro was and will whistle back and forth with other birds, mimic people who whistle, but still gets his head stuck and looks hysterical pulling his head out of whereever he gets stuck. I was thinking to myself all kinds of sick things, but I behaved and went along with the kid. I was about falling on the floor laughing at the seriousness with which this kid took the whole thing.

What I thought was funniest, is that when I talked to my brother, I got more detail about the bird getting stuck and he was laughing like hell about it. When I suggested that perhaps, he should change the bird's environment to prevent an untimely demise, such as Pedro suffered, he said it was way too much fun to watch the damned thing trying to get out of its predicament and that it wasn't a life or death situation and that he would try, in the future, to not get so much enjoyment out of it. Maybe. Okay, not really.

Nonetheless, a sick sense of humor DOES run in my family.

__

Speaking of family, after talking with the Momminator, I talked with my endocrinologist and we're changing my thyroid meds. God, I hope it helps.

No comments: