Thursday, August 25, 2005

I'm so freaking tired. I took Genny and a kid from LaDawn's daycare and went to the Little City and got Genny the updated glasses frame. Then, we had lunch together, and then picked up the desk I bought for our bedroom. Mike set it up, but to do so, of course, he loaded my side of the bed with all the crap from the original computer desk setup. Butthead.

Then we headed to Costco. I had originally thought I'd just buy my shampoo and blow, but decided to look into wireless plans because I loathe my cricket phone and ended up buying one, but the guy took TWO FUCKING HOURS. Do you have any idea the levels of meltdown that a sleep-deprived 5 year old can reach? Do you have any idea how bad it is to be stuck at Costco with the manipulative 9 year old from hell for TWO FUCKING HOURS?

9 yo: I wish *we* had a Costco card.
me: Why?
9 yo: So I could get the really neat socks and gel pens over there.
me: Well, I have a card, just get money from your parents and I'll bring you.
9 yo: That won't happen.
me: Not my fault.

(In my head, "I bought you a great lunch, a smoothie and I'm getting you ice cream afterwards, you little shi-shi head!")

Succinctly, it sucks. I like my phone, but I learned today to use the internet for deals in the future.

Fuckerheads.

After that, we went through the drive-through at Baskin-Robbins and I bought a bottle of water and the girls got shakes. Then, I drove home to get Russell who had called me 27 times while I was running my errands to ask me dumb questions and basically express his discomfort with being home. I got him and took him with me and dropped off stuff for LaDawn, dropped of the 9 year old, and went home. 9 year old was huffy because I went to get him, but I explained that him being that nervous was freaking me out.

On the way home, I ascertained that stinky boy had not bathed today and instructed him to go inside and remedy that because we had the orientation at junior high tonight. What struck me at orientation is that they were all proud of the fact that they are the only 7-12 high school in the state and that that was special somehow. 1600 kids is special all right -- in a leave the kids behind kind of way. It's the educator in me, I swear, but damn, that's a lot of kids and I was in a 7-12 situation as a 7th grader and it was scary as hell. I didn't really have friends though, which is where Russell is better off. He's got two friends who would kick ass on Russell's behalf, as they consider him family and they are very protective of him.

We got to meet with the math teacher who seemed like Russell's needs would be no problem at all to cope with. I was very happy to hear that.

After all that, Bear and I went to Walmart and bought color coded notebooks and book covers for his classes. I was looking for floppy disks for him to transport his homework back and forth on and realized I'm out of touch to think that a floppy disk would be appropriate, as I looked at the various disks and sticks -- things we use in the PDA and camera that had so much more storage. I called and talked to Mike briefly on the new cell and decided that a flash drive he can wear on a necklace around his neck would be perfect.

I've gone through the bed mound a little, but I'm so tired I don't want to deal with it. Mike and I ended up doing it together and then making the bed with our brand new sheets.

I told Russell that we could do the waterpark tomorrow, but my feet hurt in whole new horizons of agony and my leggs are wobbly sore, so I spent a lot of time on the way home from Walmart begging not to have to go. Our compromise is that he'd let me sleep in and see how I feel. I said, I'd let him know by noon.

I've been losing serious weight on this thyroid pill. It's been amazing. I've lost 11 lbs since I started taking it! It probably helps that I'm eating at least one vegetarian meal a day. Tonight, we went to Denny's and I just ordered a salad and grilled cheese and it was great.

I have to try to sleep BEFORE 1AM. Really.

No comments: