Saturday, August 06, 2005

Hey, we got rained out from the waterpark -- big thunder and lightening. I ended up with two extra kids for the evening -- per a daycare parent of LaDawn's needing a night out for her anniversary with her husband. We agreed to swap nights out.

I have to go slip some shorts on, now that I'm out of my suit and have managed to put on everything else. It's that last act of bending over,after a long afternoon at the water park that is going to make me scream like a girl. I just know it.

I'm making an easy dinner -- apple chicken sausages, whole wheat buns, green beans, and french fries from a bag.

The youngest kid is making me crazy. She's obscenely stubborn, and she's always talking Genny into doing something they shouldn't.

I found them wandering in and out of the garage, even though, they both know they aren't supposed to be there. Then, I found her holding the poor cat by the neck, so I gently explained that she shouldn't hold the poor old cat by the neck that she needs to hold the cat under her front legs. Then she was digging in the gopher hole, where we poured a few pounds of gopher poision -- also something she knows not to do. She essentially refused to eat dinner and then went outside and was menacing the chickens with sticks. I sent Mike out to tell her to stop playing with sticks around the chickens -- this after we made them get out of the chicken coop after we heard the sound of alumunim bat connecting with aluminum siding and she was carrying the bat. Suffice it to say, I'd like to duct tape this kid to a chair for the rest of the evening, however, I'm just taking a breather from her right now, so I can pull together some patience.

Shi-shi head is the word of choice this evening.

No comments: