Tuesday, August 23, 2005

News...

LaDawn's refi didn't happen. It ended up being a mess and sunk their credit score because the bank kept telling her not to pay and so her last two payments were late. Somewhere today, her kid managed to plaster his room, rug, bedding in paint because while playing fort with the paint cans, one of the cans fell and opened.

I've had aching ovaries, for lack of a better term. My left one seems most perturbed, but the right one will kick in sometimes -- with no provocation. I hit the gynecologist's office tomorrow -- AGAIN.

I wrote Mel an email telling her that I'd really like if they paid us rather than spend money on a brand new car, a trip, a new house, and a brand new complete nursery for their third child. We didn't loan them several thousand dollars, so we could go without, while they lived large. Every time I've talked to them lately, they've bought something else, or they're going to. Mike asked,"So when were they planning to pay us something?"

Good question. I wrote a nice email asking them to cough up at least a monthly payment because I can't really work right now and we're struggling, not to mention that we had to refinance again with the loan we took out as one of the big expenses paid by it.

I am sure the shit will hit the fan, but when Mike is asking those kinds of questions, I feel like I have to address it, so I did.

Tonight, I made a lot of salsa -- three gallons. I put together a box of tomatillos, 8 bunches of cilantro, 8 red onions, probably about 10 limes worth of lime juice, and scads of smoked hot peppers of various varieties -- even a few sweet peppers for flavor. Mike smoked them on the grill for me and man, this is the best salsa I've ever made. Mike asked me if there was anything else he could smoke, so I pulled out a turkey breast and put him to work. It's finishing up in the oven right now, while my salsa jars boil.

I poured in a beer, some water and a boullion cube and have been basting the blue bejesus out of it. I'm thinking some nice cold sliced turkey sandwiches tomorrow for dinner with watermelon and salad. Yeah.

---

I realized today with relief that the kids start school on Monday, and good GOD, I can't wait. I swear I'm going to be one of about 100 moms lounging about at the waterpark.

Heh.

No comments: