Sunday, July 31, 2005

I slept like crap again, but I also spent half the night fretting about the financing and so forth. It sucked. A lot. Also, my nap during the day, had made my ability to sleep at night, limited.

We went to church today with LaDawn. I really enjoyed the service, but was hit hard by her appearance on crutches!

She tore a ligament in her right knee last night, so she can't drive. What that means to her is astounding -- lack of income, stress, etc. If her husband wasn't in Afghanistan, it'd be one thing, but man, what a mess. I'm going to drive her and the kids to the small city near us for swim lessons and take her to run errands, should she need to, including a run to her brand spanking new orthopedist. Her mom is worried about her, too. Russell was so worried about her and was kind of obsessively asking questions about was her daycare going to stay open, etc., and I simply told him to pray for her. She won't know until she speaks to the orthopedist, whether or not she needs surgery. Even if she doesn't, she's got a long time on crutches ahead of her and it's not pretty. Of course, it goes without saying that I'm worried sick about her, too.

Today, I took kids after church and let them play and then her mom picked them up, after L. woke up and we talked a bit, but her mom is old and has a hard time getting around herself. L. frequently drives her around!

Mike and I are discussing loaning her the van, so she can get around and offering a van swap. She can't fit into the back or front of her van with her leg fully extended and our van is bigger. Mike said that if the doctor gives her permission to drive, that he'd be okay with her driving the van. In the interim, we're willing to loan it to her as a means of having someone drive her around or for emergencies.

L. and I will discuss it tomorrow at swim lessons, but Mike and I are going to offer it with those contingencies because I can't see her being miserable for the next couple months.

--

I've got to start sewing. Genny's got school starting and I've got butt-tons of fabric and buying that kid clothes is just too damned expensive. I swear she's got the longest legs of any 5 year old I know. If I sew her clothes, I'm hoping I can make them long enough. Her shoulder size doesn't change tons, but her legs get longer and longer. I figure I can make her a size 7 with 6 inches of extra length, and I might have a chance of keeping her in it longer than a couple months at a time. Geesh!

No comments: