Friday, July 08, 2005

It's cooler today. When you've been hovering around 95 for over a freaking week, that 10 degrees is a big deal.

They're saying that it's the calm before the storm though because it's supposed to hit 100 degrees plus next week. The reason I tolerate living here is because there's really only one month of miserable weather -- July. I get sick of snow, I get sick of winter, but I enjoy the cooler weather. In July, I could easily be rude, obnoxious, and physically obtrusive to get near air conditioning.

Apologies in advance, because I can guarantee you there will be much more whining about the heat from me before the month is out. Fat melts, don't you know. ("I'm melting! I'm melting!")

I've got my period and as always, I'm just miserable in cramps and exhaustion. I wasn't wildly uncomfortable yesterday, but I was so tired. I couldn't get the energy to clean until the heat died down some. I managed to get a load of dishes filled and started, three loads of laundry folded, and then I just kind of collapsed and fell asleep. I also ate way too much yesterday. I even tried filling up on a gigantic bowl of salad, but still wanted ice cream when I was done. I hate my hormones. I even hate the ones the doctor gives me. I only like it when I make whore moans for my husband.

Hoooocheeeeeeee. Yup, that's me.

Horrifyingly enough, it's into July and I'm JUST now finishing up putting in the rest of my garden. If I whine at the end of the summer about how little produce I have, remind me that if I don't get the garden in at the beginning of June, then I can't whine.

Just once, I'd like a spring where I have nothing planned and can get the garden in on Memorial Day weekend. Just once. I think I'll get some tomatoes; I already have fruit on several plants. I think the peppers will hatch, if I can just get them all in. The cucumbers may be too danged hot in the next week. I'm going to have to water them carefully and dutifully for the next week.

Yesterday, I bought the landscape tarp, pegs, and some more plants. I think I've figured out what I'm doing for the yard. It's not a perfect solution, but it'll do for now. When I get it done, I'll post pix of the before and after variety.

Right now, I have to go wallow about in my hormones and contemplate the removal of the interesting textures of my kitchen floor.

Just shaddup.

No comments: