Tuesday, July 26, 2005

This entry will be making loose and crazy with the word, "fuckerhead." You've been warned, but it is my favorite word for any person acting like an ass.

Okay, to be precise the appraiser used the neighbors of the hellhole as a comparable. He also used two houses on the busiest street in town, both of which do not have a view of the entire valley, nor sunken livingrooms, etc. But, ya know, I don't happen to live next to a hellhole or within three miles of that particular hellhole. If anything, our house would be one of the smaller and least landscaped, but we've got tons of animal fencing, fruit trees, and back yard irrigation. It was a rental and we're still catching up from that. We redid the master bath. We've replaced some of the fixtures in the kitchen - stove top and oven. The bathrooms got tiled. We're in the middle of replacing the lawn out back with xeriscaping and drip in order to preserve our well and to do something more sensible in that regard. We're also working on replacing little stuff, like the doors to the sink in the kids' bathroom. We're also mid-way towards replacing all the hollow seventies' doors throughout the entire house. We've got three of five to go, but we're making progress. We just installed nice curtains in our bedroom, too, to some degree because when it's hot we didn't want to moon passersby, but also because well, we were being appraised.

Our street is safe (relatively speaking) for the 5 year old to experiment with bikeriding, our house has an awesome view, it was remodeled before we moved in with wood trim throughout the house and wood slat blinds throughout the house, so I don't happen to think it's comparable to a house next to a shithole, nor comparable to two houses on the busiest street in town, also used as an alternative truck route for the major freeway we have here, so super busy during crappy weather.

I still can't believe I scrubbed floor and steamcleaned my freakin' carpet for the king of the lousy comparable. Not only did he have the gall to ask *me* for comps on the phone, but then he picked bad ones. My realtor came back with much better ones and ones much more in the range I was thinking, so we sent those to the Fuckerhead.

As a friend emailed me, he'd be great to appraise the house if I had to have it done for tax purposes!

I still think he's a stingy bastard and a fuckerhead. The fuckerhead's boss is going to review the comps tonight and let us know if they will be making any adjustments to the initial appraisal.

All I know, is that they damned well BETTER be. The comps start at $22K more than he appraised us and go to $55.5K more, which when averaged would bring us in at nearly $40K more than he appraised us at.

My hope is that we'll have a better appraisal by tomorrow and that we'll be closing on Friday. If not, pigs will be erupting out of my butt and we'll be scrambling like centipedes in sunlight to pay for things.

No comments: