Saturday, July 30, 2005

So, I'm really really tired and I'm not even sure why it just hit me now, but it did. I rolled out of bed about 945AM because LaDawn's son had left some stuff here on an abandoned overnight. Basically, everyone got to bed and he freaked out, called his mom and then left about midnight.

I just felt bad for the kid. It was his first try at an overnight and he was really excited. With severe ADHD, meds that frequently don't work well, and a severe lack of friends, this was a big deal to him. His mom said he kept saying he had had sooo much fun and yet, he didn't know quite what happened. I told her that Russell's best friend, Charles, at 12, still does that, too. She laughed.

Kids are so darned cute, but they suck the sleep out of you with super vacuum strength. Mike rolled up about 11 and then I asked him,"So, did we have sex last night, when I was asleep?" He said,"I wish." Then he proceeded to remind me that no, we did not have sex last night, but dude, we sure had some this morning.

Then we felt like particularly bad parents, so we took the kids to Denny's for brunch.

Thank god, they know how to make themselves cereal and get gogurt out of the fridge.

==

Mike's out in the back yard, looking at my handiwork with pinned tarp, the edging, etc. I suspect, I have more supervisory activities ahead.

Men! They possess brute strength, but are a little short on the "how to make things pretty" knowledge.

I still like him a lot because he's a gooooood kisser.

No comments: