Wednesday, August 21, 2002

Today I walked into 18 emails, all of which required an action on my part at work. While I was trying to answer the requested actions in those, I got about 18 more...and that's how my day has been all day.

I've been scurrying like a hellbunny all day. I finally realized I needed a break. I sat and ate a sliver of razzleberry pie in the lobby. It seems like a small thing, but when you've sent different version of the same email to 5 people and you're addressing the wrong Jeff in it, you figure you need a break. You know?

The good news, is that if I am this busy, I'm doing my job well.

Tonight, I have to remember to be well mannered for a dinner with one of my husband's company's clients. It's supposed to be something rather nice and ritzy, so we have to dress up. We both had to pack up our suits in the car. I was going to wear a dress, but it's cooled down considerably in the past few days and I can't realistically justify wearing a sleeveless dress if I am going to be freezing my ass off. I did paint my nails -- all 20 of them and I have cute shoes both open toed and closed, depending on if I have time to shine the darned things.

Mike and I are picking the kids up for an hour to take them out for hamburgers and we'll return them to the babysitter after that. It's not much time, but it's SOME time. Mom and Dad need their kiddy cuddles just like the kids need theirs.

No comments: