Thursday, August 01, 2002

Later that day...

I just made my 40 hours for the week about an hour ago. I'll be here another 3 hours at least.

I miss my husband a lot. There's a lot I'd like to do with him tonight. Dinner will be a cakewalk because it's crockpot of bbq beans and lean pork shoulder and just some plain ole bread. We even own paper bowls, so I can get rid of the dishes issue. I can call in an hour and have the babysitter make Russell water the plants for me.

My idea of a perfect evening: watch sunset with husband, while children scurry about. Put children to bed. Light candles in bedroom. Call to husband in that "I need you now" voice to get something off the top shelf of the closet. Meet husband at door in birthday suit. Tear off husband's clothes and smooch him half to death. Fall into deep sleep wrapped in husband's arms and sleep like the dead til morning.

With my luck, I'll probably fall asleep in the chair.

No comments: