Wednesday, August 28, 2002

I told my husband this and it still holds true, if I am duking it out with the bank, I can be assured a refund if I work with a guy every single time. If I get a chick, I'm going to pay like hell!

I made a cash deposit on Monday night 10 minutes after 6 because well, I've been working long horrible hours. That deposit was to cover a check I'd written to for stuff for Mike's grandmother. Not only did they charge me, but even though they could see the deposit there...they bounced it!

Not only did I miss their apparently well-publicized cutoff time, I got this bitch the bank riding my ass for "floating a check" and how that was against bank policy, etc., and did I need a copy of their policy? This after I talked to someone Monday, right after the deposit who told me I was fine. They said that they would front me up to $300 on an atm withdrawal, but they wouldn't pay the fucking check, even though they could clearly see the deposit I'd made! I'd have been mad, but ok, if they'd cleared the check and dinged me, but they not only dinged me, but then BOUNCED the check! The problem with that is that the store will also charge me now. Isn't it loverly?

I am sooo changing banks. I told Mike I'm getting an account at some obscure bank in the next state that has a branch locally.

No comments: