Tuesday, August 27, 2002

I'm pretty sick right now. My sugars have suddenly shot up. I feel like trash and it sucks.

I ate next to nothing last night -- just a slice of leftover pizza -- and my sugars this morning were a fasting of 135. My ankles look akin to bowling balls because they're swollen from my bad sugars.

I called the doctor. I know I've put some weight back on with the horrible hours, but this is just weird. Next week, I'll be able to exercise by swimming mornings at the pool and that should help, but in the interim, I feel perpetually hung over. Bleah.

After a 3 carb lunch today, my sugars should have been okay, but I was feeling pretty spacy, so I took a walk and they were 119, so I did good there, but I think the lack of sleep and the couple days of high sugars are fucking me up no end.

I just keep telling myself, "one more week." It's my mantra any more. I just have to get through the weekend and I get big bucks. I just have to get there first.

I start a VB class tonight. What's odd is that the last time I tried to take a VB class, I had to drop it because felt lousy. A month later, I got diagnosed with diabetes. God can be such an ironic little shit, huh?

No comments: