Wednesday, August 14, 2002

I think there's something really naughty feeling -- you know sexy-naughty about finding really nice clothes on a sale rack. If I were a guy, markdowns would give me wood. I tell ya. I'm wearing this beautiful dress I found at Sears last night for $12.49. It's one of those kinds of dresses that really look good on me, but would probably not be so hot on anyone else, thus the reason it was on the markdown rack.

It's got a rust brown background with a tropical print and the colors are all mine...greens, golds and browns. I'm dressing up today because the big boss from Atlanta will be here. We've got one of those,"Everything is going to change" meetings. Everyone is completely freaked. I'm afraid that they're just going to offer us all jobs in Atlanta, so they don't have to pay us unemployment. *sigh*

I didn't sleep much last night as a result. This morning, I'm eating balance bars, diet pepsi twist, and that's it. I want to be alert and not all sugared up for everything.

Ready to get squicky? Last night, I was moving the hose sprinkler all over the front lawn and I got near this weird block edging fence that one of the previous tenants left. It's just wood blocks and they always fall down...and one of the damned things was down. It was dark and I couldn't see and I caught part of this 4X4 block against the top inside of my ankle. Where it hit, I now have a big ugly bruise and two cuts where the skin kind of rolled up and stayed there. Hurt like hell. Still does.

I just hope I have time to actually find a reasonable job before I get offered something hideous in Atlanta.

No comments: