Tuesday, August 06, 2002

I was going to go swimming this morning, but I hit the snooze button instead. It kind of sounds like a little kid, doesn't it? "I'd have done my homework, but my dog peed on it. "

Speaking of kids...this was too funny. Russell got grounded off of TV/computers which is his usual punishment for things and I found out he'd been watching TV at the neighbors. I talked to him about it and asked him if he owed me another day. So my smart kid says, "I owe you until noon, I think." To which I said, "Well, I think you owe me a day." He groused about it and I finally had a moment of parental brilliance and said,"If a policeman stops you and you only have a little bit of an illegal drug in the car, you can still get arrested. Did you know that? Because it's still breaking the law. And you broke Mom's law." To which he replied, "Wow." Then my son got smart on me, dammit. "So when you and dad drive a few miles over the speed limit, you're still breaking the law?" Dangit! Caught again. "Yes, we are. Although policemen are usually too busy chasing down real criminals to worry about us going over the speed limit a little bit." He frowned,"You should get a ticket!" "No, we shouldn't because we can't afford the insurance." "Well, but if you got a ticket, you'd drive a lot slower." "Russell, I already have gotten tickets. I drive a LOT slower than I used to." Pause. I say,"So back to the point, I still think you owe me a day." "Yeah, you're right."

At least I didn't have to talk about my wild sex days. Yeesh.

We did stay up and play Magic the Gathering. Russell and I beat the snot out of Mike and he was so worried about defense that I had time to get out something big that flew and I took him out in two turns with that and my other two flying creatures. Usually, by the time the meds would have worn off he'd have been a whiny loser, but instead he seemed genuinely pleased to have gotten to play. He couldn't shut up for an instant, but he was cute. Really really cute.

Genny and I cuddled and played in the chair together. She'd climb up over me and I"d grab her, turn her upside down and drop her down the back of the chair which just busted her up. She'd then run to her Daddy and get hugs, kisses and tickles from him and climb right back up again.

When she was hugging me good night, I said,"Baby hugs are just the best hugs in the whole world." Russell piped up,"What about Bear hugs?" I said, "I don't know. I haven't had any of those in a while, let's see." He'd just come out of the shower and he hadn't toweled off his head. So I got this delightful little boy hug with water pouring down my neck. I declared it a tie and toweled off!

Not being there as much makes me more appreciative of what I have. So while I am perpetually tired lately, today I feel phenomenally blessed.

No comments: