Friday, September 06, 2002

Um, stomach flu at my house. Since last Friday evening...for a week. Does that explain my week? The oodles of laundry, catching up, paying bills, and general mayhem almost seem like a lame little sparkler to the fireworks that were.

I now am the proud owner of another staph infection over my eye. I'm also inhaling antibiotics for said item.

Mostly, I guess I wanted to whine about my birthday.

I'm feeling really sad. I feel like I should make an all white cake with all white frosting and have a small chocolate part of cake and frosting set aside for nine one one. I have a birthday twin at my job, so maybe I should make two.

My husband asked what I wanted for my birthday and honestly, all I want is the things I have.

I think I have a really good excuse not to get older than 38, too. I'm not having any more birthdays. I just can't handle celebrating my birthday right now. I feel too sad. I think about all those people and the people they left behind and I think about what I have and they don't and I can't celebrate in the face of that. They will never share a sunset with their loved ones. I got to see a phenomenal one last night with both kids.

I have a great husband, two beautiful kids, and I have my breath leaving and entering my body over and over again each minute and right now, that's all I want.



No comments: