Thursday, September 12, 2002

My doctor said that I have to change jobs or I'll have my feet removed in 10 years and be in a wheelchair. He said I need a job that lets me take care of myself. I gave my resume to my husband to give to his boss for a technical writing job in his department. His department is big, so I wouldn't be sitting right next to him or anything, if I got the job, so we'd have some space. He said his boss was really happy when he was reading over my resume.

Yesterday, the VP sent my husband a thank you basket of cookie flowers. What are cookie flowers? Cookies shaped like flowers and frosted to look like smileyface flowers. The center one said "thank you." My husband doesn't think that means anything. I think it means he can ask for a hefty raise and a promotion. I also think it means that they can offer his wife a job.

Even if I were unemployed for a bit, we could get by on the contract money we'll have coming in, so there's that, too.

No comments: