Sunday, September 15, 2002

Mike and I did a lot of stuff on Friday, and finally, as we are drifting off to sleep, he says,"Oh, by the way, Jim (his boss) said that they are putting the candidate they had for the job on hold until they can interview you." Nonetheless, I've spent most of the weekend obsessing about that. Pitiful, I know, but it would be a much better job for me, so I've been thinking about what skills and talents I should be emphasizing for this mythical interview. I also have been thinking I should go ahead and start documenting wildly, so that if I do leave, I'll leave a trail of documentation behind me as to what I do for a job. Although, I seem to do everything, so standardizing a job description would be rather difficult.

This weekend was kind of disappointing. I'd thought I was getting a birthday shindig from my husband on Saturday. At 430PM as he was sleeping on the couch, I realized that I was SOL. In a bit of a pity party/hissyfit, I went to 7-11 to get a soda and got $5 and played deuces wild. Then I pulled 4 deuces and walked out with $100. I went home and grumbled at Mike. I told him I understood he was tired, but that I felt hurt because this was supposed to be my birthday thing. He apologized and then we went to Chevy's on my winnings. I had una margarita, por favor, and then we dragged two children at a late hour of evening through the drama that is Walmart. Genny kept reaching down and yanking the flowers off the mums I was trying to buy. Russell whined his ass off. A miserable time was had by all.

Tonight, he made up for yesterday by making my favorite dinner and a big weird sad triple layer German Chocolate Cake. I injected some insulin to get away with eating the thing and yum, yum. That's all I'm saying. I've been offered sex all day, but I'm supposed to be doing homework. I got half of my quilting squares cut out. The fabric for the other half is waiting expectantly. *sigh* Still have my programming homework to do, but I haven't gotten that far either. I've at least perused the chapters I'm supposed to be working in and made a lame attempt at answering the end of the chapter questions. Mike said,"If I blew off homework like this when I was in school, you'd have kicked my ass!" I said,"I know and I'm not you."

I'm thinking I'm going to be sick tomorrow or Tuesday.

No comments: