Friday, September 06, 2002

The Friday Five

  1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Why? People who are shitty to you and haven't told you what you did to piss them off, so that you EVEN have the option to apologize. I had someone do this to me and then that person was absolutely shocked to discover that I thought she was a complete jerk for doing so. It demonstrated a fundamental lack of honesty in presentation. I hate it when people aren't straight with me. After I had demonstrated my feelings about that person, I had a joint acquaintance basically warn me away from that demonstration, explaining said person was a few bricks short of a load. I had to back down off it because I didn't trust the stability of the person. Then I felt like I was doing just what I hated, but I felt it was better to just let it be by that time than to confront the brick-light person and cause harm to them. I feel like I should have a Redneck Rubyism like: " No use pissin' off a shakin' rattlesnake."


  2. What irritating habits do you have? I snore, but my husband isn't irritated by it. I grind my teeth, too.


  3. Have you tried to change the irritating habits or just let them be? My snoring, I got checked for, but it's not apnea, I just snore. He snores, too, so we probably are subconciously competing for loudness. I know my husband is very proud of loud horrible sounding farts and only a little embarrassed about the SBD's (silent but deadly's). I have a nightguard for my teeth, aka, "The Mouth" and I try to pray before I sleep and keep my mouth relaxed, so I don't grind as much.


  4. What grosses you out more than anything else? Why? Puke. I have a super strong sense of smell and puke just about kills me every time. I can handle snot, phlegm, blood, scabs, ear wax, and pee and poo. Puke is just nasty.


  5. What one thing can you never see yourself doing that other people do? Anything to do with suddenly drops in height (i.e., falling a distance). I nearly broke my own arms in fear on the restraints at Great America because I got on one of those rides that takes you very very high and then suddenly drops you. I'm terrified to bungee jump, parachute. I have rappelled, but that is something you have much more control of. Honestly, I think it comes from this recurring nightmare I used to have as a child where I fell from something very high and woke up just before I hit. I think a lot of people have that, but I had it all the freakin' time as a child, right up til I left home. Which of course, may say more about my childhood than we'd all previously feared.

No comments: