Wednesday, September 11, 2002

The high point of my day was as I was leaving the house, Mike was sitting down and he said,"Bye, honey. Happy Birthday." I said,"Thanks! Bye." Then I turned around and saw him and realize he's the reason my birthdays have been happy for many years and will be happy for many years to come, so I ran back to him and kissed him. He's the reason I can get through Nine Eleven.

I've been crying most of my birthday. I changed the radio station from the usual annoying one I listen to in order to hear the memorial services on NPR. When I got in the car, I'd forgot and left the radio on and so I just drove to work with tears streaming down my face.

I'm sure you asked yourself, "Why does she listen to an annoying radio station?" Truthfully, they are so awful that I get up and shut them off and then once I'm up, I get into the shower. The woman has this stupid bimbo giggle and one of the guys is the single stupidest man on earth. The other guy has only a few IQ points more than that, so between them, I think they share a brain the size of a walnut. I know it's not the size that counts, and in this case, the adage of quality not quantity does have a certain eerie ring to it. That radio station could really work on the quality.

Speaking of rings, I still can't get out of my head that bell ringing and bullhorning in New York. Back east, almost every church and school building has a bell in it. Usually, bells or horns are sounded for important things. We usually rang the bell in the church for Memorial Day. Bells rang for Easter. The horns sounded for fires. Today is all of those things.



No comments: