Monday, June 13, 2005

Today started as horrible. I've been getting progressively worse. I could actually taste the infection in the back of my throat. I finally emailed a few folks in desperation and got some support.

So I called the doctor and we got my pain medication changed and frankly, that's the least in pain I've felt since the surgery -- liquid percocet. I am feeling so much better. As a result, I've been able to drink more and even tried a few semi-solid foods like jello and pudding that I hadn't been able to get down before.

I had my first bowel movement since the general anesthesia, which sounds crazy, but is a victory, too.

I can actually do yoga with little pain and I'm motivated to do so now.

The best thing is that I actually feel like I can get ahead of this now, and 6 hours ago, I was thinking I was going to have to go to the hospital to get IV food and drink.

No comments: