Sunday, June 12, 2005

I don't think I've ever experienced anything so excrutiating.

My throat is sooooo sore and hurts like hell. It seems like if it were bleeding, it'd be a welcome relief in some ways, though the doctor assures me that that means serious trouble.

At the hospital, I had some moments of queasiness, which I was able to yoga breathe through or nurse ice cold water through.

So when Mike picked me up at the hospital, Friday, to come home, I thought I'd be all buff and get stuff at the pharmacy that I could ingest -- juices, puddings, etc. and wander around the store, but indeed, that made me more tire, more queasy, and then stop and go traffic aftewards meant more of the same. By the time I stepped out of the car to wave to my mother-in-law, I threw up in the bushes.

The rest of the ride home was touch and go, but I got some anti-nausea meds and that helped, once I got home.

Every swallow hurts -- the only thing I find that really relieves the agony is not the vicodan, but rather sleeping on a towel full of ice wedged against my jaw and eustaschian tubes. My ears are a source of screaming agony. I don't know if I'm eating enough or if I'm getting enough anything. I just kind of nurse iced drinks and slurpees all day. We also got some Otter Pops, which are pure sugar, but taste good, regardless. The ice feels good, but the swallowing pain is enough to make me want to drive an ice pick into my head. Creamy stuff seems tempting, but I can't always handle the extra goo on my throat. I tried pudding today and while it tasted good, the swallowing part was excrutiating. You never think that you'll consider pudding excrutiating. Screw Bill Cosby.

My asthma has been kicking up, too, which really sucks. Coughing with this throat is well nigh on the most torturous thing I could possibly imagine. Burping and coughing are horrible experiences I wish would simply end.

And I'm so tired.

I did manage to get my husband to put in the 20 odd tomato plants in the garden. He's promised me a little bit more planting each night. Unfortunately, we've also got to fence around the things that the bunnies like -- peppers and squashes.

I'm going to go rest my head on my ice pack.

No comments: