Saturday, April 23, 2005

While driving down the road the other day between the "big" cities here, I saw a billboard for an Etta James concert. I about lost my mind. Etta James is my favorite blues woman of all time. I also love Bessie Smith -- I used to listen to her on scratchy vinyl at the library in New Hamster, but Bessie has been dead for some time, so Etta James is the only one I can see in person.

We drove clear up to the concert (45 minute drive) and were told that the concert had been cancelled -- for 10 whole minutes. She had another one tomorrow, which she had also cancelled, due to illness. I was so disappointed!

Mike and I so rarely get a night out that I was double-bummed!

He and I talked with Sarah (our designated sitter for tonight) and we decided to go do something else. It was too late to get into theaters, so we giggled and said,"Let's go to Barnes and Noble." I know everyone else goes to Borders, but we bought one of those discount cards with B&N, so that's where we went. Besides the B&N here has a Starbucks.

So we spent two hours tooling around there, buying books and CD's, sipping coffee and then reading at Starbucks. I didn't want to come home exactly, but I really wanted to make out with my husband, so we came home, where I iced my knee, took a bed-time vicodan, and smooched.

It's kind of like meditating long enough and revealing nirvana.

No comments: