Sunday, April 17, 2005

Sometimes, my family amazes me. My husband and son worked like hell to get the house together today. The kitchen is actually pretty damned clean. Mike pulled out all the crap off the counters, washed them down with tilex to remove the old stains, and replaced everything. My daughter actually helped them -- she did things like get her own room picked up to be vacuumed, helped her brother, and went to find gravel rocks for the bottom of my beautiful terra cotta planters out front, so I can get the basil transplanted in them.

The floors got done throughout the house.

The laundry didn't get done, but they did get it into the garage, which means I have a decent chance of doing it now. I ran a couple loads today. It's hard to move it back and forth, but I don't mind stuffing it into machines and checking it. I just have a hard time hauling the baskets around, so I asked them to haul things around and they did.

My knee is less swollen today, but then tonight, it hurt enough for vicodan. *sigh*

My food was shot to shit today. I didn't get enough to eat earlier because I was sleeping and then I ate too much later. I figure, I can ask Mike to set alarms, so we get up by 9. That will keep our schedules normal and we can eat with the kids. They already have asked for Momma's homemade oatmeal (raisins, nuts, cinnamon with maple sugar). I figure they can eat that and I'll eat an egg, toast, and yogurt.

Russell had a nervous breakdown of some kind tonight. He was just a mess and not listening and not figuring things out that should have been easy to put together. I finally asked what time he got up and turns out that the child went to bed last night at 11 or so because I heard him coughing and sniffing with allergies in his room and he got up at 7AM. He worked hard, but he also got a lot of computer time -- which usually leaves him brain-fuzzled. He was sobbing and hysterical and I was frustrated and angry. All of which sucked.

I started to scold him and then just plain apologized and said I thought he needed to get into bed, do some yoga, and read. He agreed and went, which is usually a good indication that the kid isn't feeling well, so I'll be watching him like a hawk tomorrow to check on him. I also think with the house in pretty good shape, that we'll just do some outside stuff (plantings) and then go find a park or something to play at and play.

Genny was good as gold. I don't get to say that much, so it feels good to say it all. She was so proud of the fact that she had a great day and we made sure to praise the blue bejeebers out of her for a great day, too!

No comments: