Wednesday, April 20, 2005

So, the orthopedist is going to line me up with an arthroscopy. He said that my knee should be settling down. I laughed. I had sat on my butt for three days elevating and icing it and the swelling finally had started to go down, but I can't sit around doing nothing for days on end. I told the doctor that all I'd have to do is a couple loads of laundry and it'd explode to three times its normal size.

I went grocery shopping last night. Usually, I use those little electric cart things and stuff the crutches at the courtesy desk, but the courtesy desk at the store was far away and I saw no sign of little electric carts, so I figured I could use the shopping cart as a walker sort of thing. Halfway through shopping, I was crutching like a mad woman to go pee and the restrooms are by the courtesy desk where they had a veritable fleet of electric cart things. Nonetheless, I got a cart for the rest of my shopping experience.

It's hard to use those stupid things with 4 year olds. I nearly ran Genny over about 6 times.

I missed the supersized version of my knee, so it's back, but I've got three loads of laundry done and a fridge full of groceries! My doctor said that I can swim. I asked about the swelling. He said it shouldn't bother my knee. Of course, my knee should be settling down, too, so I'm not holding my breath that he's not a big fat sorry liar. He also lied when he said that the knee injections wouldn't hurt.His credibility is at an all-time low with me, I tell you what.

Tomorrow, I'm thinking, I might just go tool around in the pool for half an hour while Bear has his physical therapy. Even if I can't do much, it'll feel better than nothing. There's a therapy pool in town -- usually around 85 degrees complete with a handicap rail and ramp. I bought water shoes last night, so it's just that whole pain in the ass thing of wearing a swim suit and getting in and out of the damned pool without killing myself or cussing so much as to scare the old ladies.

I'll figure something out. The dog paddle...yeah, that's the ticket.

No comments: