Wednesday, September 01, 2004

I start a temp job tomorrow as a receptionist at $10/hour.

I'm all jazzed. 1-2 weeks of that and I'll be ~$500 richer. Whee!

However, tonight, I spent about $85 buying business attire (read things I can wear comfortable shoes and socks with) because I have one skirt and sweater set and no pantyhose. If you know anything about me, nothing squicks me out more than pantyhose. Give me cotton hose or tights, but kill me rather than make me wear pantyhose.

I decided in lieu of the idea of wearing pantyhose in 80-90 weather, I'd go for pants and trouser socks. Thank god for trouser socks, pants, and damned long skirts.

Perverts. You thought I meant something else. Sock, not snake, okay?

The registering people to vote job hasn't come through, yet, so I'm going to take the sure thing and go work. They're waiting on a call, but I'm not. My hope is that they decide they need someone to register voters in 1-2 weeks after this job is over. :)

If not, I'll tell them that there will be some overlap and they can be grumpy about it, or not.

All's fair in love and temp work.



No comments: