Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Well, I picked about 2 bushels of plums in 50 degree weather on Sunday. I still have scratches on my hands and forearems and windburn on my face from it. Tomorrow, I can those up, probably with white grape juice, peaches, and pears, actually, because I can't bring myself to just turn them all into jam. I still haven't pickled the zuke, but it's sitting in the fridge covered and waiting.

Today, it seems like I didn't do a damned thing, but I ran around a lot. I ran to two different music stores in town to find the necessary book for Russell's trumpet playing. I stopped at joann's fabrics and found some cute bug fabric with coordinating fabric sets, so I'm going to make 2 receiving blankets for the friend of a friend. Drove 30 miles south to get to my eye doctor appt.

What I want to know is: On what fucking planet does a fucking EYE exam take nearly 2 FUCKING HOURS?!!! I will never go back to that doctor again. The staff is really nice, but there's no excuse for making someone wait forever and then shuffling them around constantly and taking 2 hours for it all.

After that, I went to the PTA meeting where I felt enormously out of place. I finally had to leave early to give Russ his meds. Unfortunately, that feeling of vague uneasiness didn't end.



No comments: