Friday, September 03, 2004

Well, I survived my first day at work. It was actually kind of nice, all in all to actually be AT work.

I don't have near enough to do and I desperately need my glasses, but can't find the damned things. I think I'd like to clean my room thoroughly and see if I can't find the darned things. I have my old pair, but they don't fit so hot, and I know my vision is worse now, what with my advancing years and general decrepidness.

Today, is shaping up to be about as boring as before, but it'll be nice to get that paycheck, I tell ya. They've promised that they'll train me and give me more to do next week. I sure hope they're not lying, or at least, that they'll pay be for doing more nothing next week.

Last night, got long because we had to leave abruptly from back-to-school night when Mike (like the man he is) refused to ask anyone where to find a restroom and Genny peed herself. We took her home, bathed her and put her in jammies and drove back up to Mike's work to get his car, while Russell was at home finishing homework hurriedly. It ended up being an unbearably long day.

I think it was doubly long because a kid at Genny's daycare bit her so hard, that you could still see the mark on her this morning. This is the same kid, who hauled off and decked another girl, then tossed herself on the floor in a tantrum, when she was told to go to the office.

I called and griped to the daycare, but I didn't just blindly gripe. I did give them the name of a woman I know from my classes who works with difficult preschoolers and helps the preschool and parents work with them and sometimes even places them into more appropriate environments. I figure, you don't want this kid messed up more than she is, so if I can help her now, I've done my job.



No comments: