Wednesday, September 29, 2004

At the university yesterday, my adviser exclaimed,"You shrunk!" Of all the things a fat woman wants to hear, that is definitely among the top three. Everyone I saw commented on my longer hair, my smaller body, and my generally relaxed demeanor.

Relaxed?

Yeah, I know. I am guessing they were smoking something or that in their exhaustion-inspired graduate school delirium that they thought I might look relaxed. I told Mike though, it's kind of like going to your high school reunion sveltely slender, fabulously wealthy, and happily married to a studmuffin. Everyone claimed to miss me and that was nice. I was told I should be glad I'm not there, due to the usual whining and politics.

However, to be honest, I wish I was there. I loved school, I just wasn't healthy enough to be there. If I were at school, it would mean I was healthy. Health would be cool.

Instead, I'm relegated to house marm, which while entertaining at times is also intensely lonely. As soon as things cool down with Mike, I'm going back to work for the temp agencies. We need the money, and I need to get the hell out of Dodge for sanity's sake.

I was thinking it would be cool to homeschool Genny because she loves that and she's already far ahead of her peers, but she really likes hanging out with the other kids and she misses that intensely when she's not there. I think once things chill, if I'm not working, I'm picking her up in the afternoons and taking her home, so we can play.

She's the cutest little girl on the planet and she still thinks I'm cool, so I need to use it or lose it. :)

No comments: