Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I had a good birthday. I got some awesome stuff from Betty and other fun things from friends and hubbins. I got this awesome star lamp from Betty that is now in the livingroom. I also got these wonderful sarongs that were so beautiful. (more on this in a paragraph or two)

I've been canning my fool head off. I was supposed to actually can the zuke relish today, but ended up running around. Russell needed an instrument for band and I managed to talk him into the trumpet because it's something I know how to play and I figured I could help him out at home, if needed. Russ also left his word processor thingy on the bus, so we had to run to the bus depot to get it.

Genny's going into a different room of the daycare and they'll make sure that the recesses are staggered so that the psycho child doesn't get near enough to attack her again. The girl bit her again last week so hard that she broke the skin through Genny's clothes. This time it was on the shoulder, so it was pretty obvious that Genny didn't do anything to provoke the kid. I'm trying hard to balance unsheathing the Mommy claws to protect my child and being reasonable. Part of me just wants to rip Genny from there and put her back at LaDawn's. There are girls now at LaDawn's daycare, so it'd be nice for Genny, but I know she really likes her school and the things she gets to do there, including a cute little dance class thing she gets to do. I also think that the preschool set up there is more conducive to a smooth transition to kindergarten in terms of the number of kids and the structured nature of it. I think if Genny hadn't spent the entire weekend showing me her dance moves, I might have just said fuck it and put her at LaDawn's, and I know I can put her in dance classes elsewhere and all that, but she really wanted this. Mike said it best, too, "I think if we asked Genny, she'd tell us that she wants to stay at Child ____."

Sunday, we took Bear and four friends to the local waterpark and they played and had a wonderful time. I took the sarongs for me and Genny as coverups for there, which was big fun. Genny really liked that she got to wear Momma's sarong and I really liked how the one I was wearing felt so pretty with my suit. After we got home and did an ice cream cake and dropped off kids, I felt completely thwacked exhausted, so Monday I kind of hung close to home and did butt-tons of laundry, napped in the chair for half an hour, and baked 2 loaves of zuke bread and 6 jumbo muffins after collecting stuff from the garden and deciding after cutting up three gi-normous zukes for relish that the food processor would make the zuke smaller and thus, would make it eligible for bread, but not more freakin' relish.

I swear tomorrow, I'll can. And I'll harvest the plums. Oh, and the kitchen floor might even get cleaned afterwards.

Okay, fat chance on the floor, but pigs might just fly out of my butt. Ya never know.

No comments: