Thursday, September 23, 2004

I made about 3 gallons of homemade fruit cocktail, using white nectarines, pears, maraschino cherries, and my plums. For dessert, I gave the kids the juice I made to store them in -- hot, but over ice. They both were thrilled and deemed said juice worthy of their palates. ( A mix of maraschino cherry juice, pineapple juice, and white grape juice.)

I still have half a box of pears and nectarines to go and a whole lot more plums, but I'm thinking I should be making fruit crisps or something because they'd be tasty fresh and might fine. Well, and I'm getting sick and tired of canning stuff.

I still have to make a small batch of green tomato jam. No, I don't know if it is good, I'm just going to try making it for Donna's husband because he says it's good and I have all these stupid green tomatoes that I saved from the frost.

Mike hasn't been home before 10 all week, really, and I miss him. I'd like to actually have sex with him some day, if we can remember how. Although sleeping is something I don't seem to have a handle on either.

I haven't been sleeping at all and tomorrow, I told LaDawn that I'd take over the daycare for her in the afternoon, so she can drive 3 hours away to her see her Mom. Her mom had surgery and went septic, so she's been in ICU for weeks and it's been pretty scary. At any rate, I'm going to need the sleep, I'm pretty sure.

I'm dropping children in bed and then I think I'm going to drop in bed and sleep for a few years.

No comments: