Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Sometimes, I amaze myself.

I don't know how it is that I do these things, but I'm really good at hooking people up with appropriate resources.

So, the girl that bit Genny...that started it. I didn't want to just gripe, so I suggested a resource at UNR. Last night, that person wrote me an email that she'd hooked up with my daughter's daycare person.

I just called to follow up with the daycare and the resource person is observing kids in Genny's classroom and planning on helping the daycare meet and work with parents. Color me psyched up, baby!

I have done the same thing a lot of times for a lot of people and that's just the most rewarding thing to me. It's a virgo thing to be of service, I realize, but more than that, serving children and their families sets my soul free. It makes me want to write poetry, dance around the room, and sing joyful songs.

I really need to get myself together to go back to school. I've got to finish up my incompletes and go back in the fall. In the interim, I think I'm going to get in as a volunteer in either the disability advocacy office or the parents empowering parents office. I'm interviewing for a state position as some kind of basic clerical schlub, but I'm not sure I want to take it because then I'd be lassoed into something I might not want to do.

Things to put before God and ask for wisdom on, I think.

No comments: