Thursday, September 02, 2004

I feel bad because they don't have much for me to do at this job. I think some of it, is that they are going to have one person go to part-time and they need someone to fill in with stuff like filing, answering phones, etc., until they figure out what they'll be doing.

They said I could web surf between things, so I am, but then their corporate whatever limits it so that you can't access web email. I've found a work around, which probably speaks to my long-term computer knowledge more than anything. (telnet windows)

I miss being home, in some ways. On the other hand, it's rather nice to be in a place working. I did no brainer type work -- filing and answering phones, but upon arrival, had to reorganize their file cabinets, which were rather in a shambles from previous temp employees, apparently.

I told them I am looking for part-time work, but I don't know if they're interested. Ok, I'm not sure I'm interested. I'll see how I feel at day's end. :)

The only thing I found difficult this morning was how to take my thyroid and give it an hour and be able to eat breakfast. I had a cafe latte and I bought cheese crackers and had a pack, but that's not a good diabetic breakfast. I'll need to figure that out, so I can eat more appropriately and keep my sugars normal.

No comments: