Tuesday, August 31, 2004

It seems like my days go dashing by faster than I can possibly keep up with them.

I miss my friends. I haven't heard from Melody for over a week. Leann called and she just seemed lonely. I had stuff I was supposed to do, so I didn't plan anything, but tonight I sent her an email and invited her to pickle with me tomorrow. LaDawn and I have no time. She's always insanely busy, so I tried to call her when she wasn't busy and got the phone machine.

I guess, it's fair to say that I'm feeling lonely, too.

Next week, I think I have a temp job registering people to vote outside one of the local post offices. They're supposed to call and firm things up with the temp agency, after which I will be called and I'll get to set up a little table and chair with my clipboard and stuff. My temptation, of course, is to use an ironing board to register people to vote, reminiscent of my days on the quad at UCD, registering people to vote with the campus NOW and getting them to sign anti-abortion petitions.

I'll probably chicken out in the face of the heavy duty red-neck contingent and just bring my card table, toss my blue checked table cloth on it, and call it good. But Evil Ruby thinks it'd be fun to toy with people. Truth be told, however, my ironing board is a bit tipsy, so is not a practical choice.

I still have my pro-choice posters in the garage. Mike and Dan were working on the door out by the laundry stuff, which is where they are stored and Dan asked Mike about them. Mike quickly told Dan the Strict Mormon that they were mine. Bastard. Nonetheless, Dan said he was going to have to have a talk with me.

Little does he know what liberal feminist woman lurks in this mom suit. Mike knows, though, and he just shouldn't tease the Mormons.


No comments: