Saturday, August 07, 2004

It's official. I hate glucophage.

I'm on this glucophage extended release stuff and my GOD, if it isn't beating the crap out of me. Literally.

I've been running for the bathroom on a regular basis with this stuff. I often have heartburn with this, too. I usually start about 3PM and make a lot of trips to the bathroom up until bedtime.

I've just soooo had it. I'm calling the doctor on Monday and asking for help.

___

Other than that...I picked more apricots today. I'm a canning fool, I realize.

I took Genny with me, ideally, to just get her out of the house and let her do something kind of fun. However, I don't think it wasn't fun for her. She whined, she crabbed, she angled. I finally just picked as fast as I possibly could to fill what containers I had and put us in the car and tried to put her down for a nap because she was acting wiped out tired.

And you know, I swear she never ever sleeps. She. is. so. 4. She's in that tween place between really needing to take a nap and just staying up and going to bed early, but being a miserable pain in the butt between 4 and bedtime because she won't nap. The problem is that she rarely goes to bed early and she's almost always the first one up and she's up super early.

If she naps, you get to hang with the nicest sweetest girl in town. If not, you wish you could duct-tape her to something that's nailed down and gag her because she's nasty, mean, into everything, and blathering at you a mile a minute ("Mommy?" "Yes." "I love you." -- repeated 10 times per hour until you absolutely start to loathe her.) When she's like that, every minute with her is painful. Because you can see this little person you love and adore who is exhausted beyond reason, who simply won't/can't sleep.

Tonight, she was still up and playing in her room after bedtime and after not taking that nap. It was after 9PM and she was still spinning madly, despite being up since 730AM and running all over town with us, helping Daddy and Russell outside, picking apricots with Mommy and playing in her room. We finally gave her a little benadryl, just so the poor thing could sleep because she was absolutely wiped out and frankly, so are we.

I feel like a bad parent, but I'm fresh out of chamomile tea and honey for honey and milk and the little pookerbutt was so tired and wired that she was having trouble settling. Been there, done that. I've also taken benadryl at those times to get dropped off. I figure with the sagebrush bloom heading into full swing, it's probably not a bad thing to give her at this point with night-time being the worst for asthmatics like Genny and Mommy. We're also going to have to restart her asthma regimen because if my allergies are any indication, she's going to need it.

Sidenote: Yesterday, Mike told her that "You need to get your beauty sleep so you get more beautiful." To which she replied,"I'm already all the way beautiful." As a secondary thought, Mike asked,"Do I need to get beauty sleep?" "Yes, Daddy, you better get to bed."

Well, I'm off to bed. Dealing with Ms. 730AM is going to be a very early event, I guess. I just hope one of us gets some sleep around here because I'm not even brown bag pretty before 8 on the weekends.

No comments: