Thursday, August 19, 2004

It's official. I'm considered depressed. I hadn't really considered myself depressed and then I called Mike and asked him what he thought. He waffled as any self-respecting man would until I corned him and said, "Look, my doctor thinks I'm depressed, do you?" To which he responded unhesitatingly,"Yes!"

It's one of the symptoms of hypothyroidism that will eventually go away, but it's the eventually, I'm waiting for.

I burst into tears in my doctor's office. I'm just so damned frustrated with how lousy I've been feeling and how unable to do anything I am.

Add to that that my sugars have been kicking my ass, and not only am I frustrated and tired, but I'm in agony because I never heal up from any exercise that I do.

I'm taking a pill -- just for a few months until the thyroid stuff gets rectified. I also am taking a low dose of glucophage to help kick up my actos. My ankles look like logs of flesh, but I've lost 6 lbs. And that's a start.

Doctor said I could take tylenol for the pain until my sugars work themselves out.

I just feel so useless like this.

No comments: