Tuesday, August 10, 2004

I'm back to canning. I put up 11 pints of apricot-pineapple-cherry jam. I had a couple licks off the spoon, after I finished -- superb stuff. The problem is that I've got a buttload more apricots to go before I rest. Also, I suspect that the neighbors with the tree, probably would like me to relieve them of the rest of the apricots.

I looked into canning them -- you know in a little sugar or juice to eat in the winter, and I'd have to buy a $75-90 pressure cooker. I like canned fresh fruit, but that seems steep. Mike suggested lemon jelly.

There's a couple recipes for it, but everyone wants you to rind the freakin' things and after doing two lemon cakes a year, I'm freakin' rinded out, thanks. Genny and Mike would enjoy it, but I kind of think it's more work than I'm willing to do right now, especially in light of a half bushel of apricots in the kitchen needing to be put up.

I've gotta go pull them out of the boiling water baths and get to bed.

And tomorrow, my speedo arrives! Mine's purple, which seems kind of wild and crazy, but I figure I'll be swimming at the buttcrack of dawn when no one else will give a crap about a fat chick in a speedo working out.

Nighty, night.

No comments: