Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We had to be kind of hard-nosed about it, but Mike went into the dealer the next morning and told them to give him back his check. They hadn't given us keys or anything and were waiting on a cashier's check, which of course, Mike didn't give them. They thrashed and tried to threaten and Mike ignored them and took back his check.

So this weekend, we go auction hunting and see how it goes. We really need a 4wd because the county just announced that they're not going to plow roads off school bus routes to save money. The Buick can't do heavily snowed on, unplowed roads.

I found a subaru forester at this used car place, but they never return calls and I haven't had the energy to deal with used car salesmen after work. The problem is that these places want to finance you, regardless of credit to make any extra money they can. We just want to pay cash and get the hell out of there. I don't want to have to make any more stupid payments in a month. I'm having a hard enough time making my bills, so adding one more is the last danged thing I'm interested in.

The auctions have been sucking lately, so I'm nervous about our ability to get as lucky as we did with the Buick last year. We'll just see.

No comments: