Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm all sad. My beautiful van got repossessed. It was creepy, too. Some guy knocked on our door and rang the bell at 10PM! Who the hell does that?

I'd hoped we would have time to get the danged severance check from Mike's company, but for some reason they didn't get the huge stuffed enveloped we mailed to them covered in stamps. Mike completely freaked out when he called and was told that they hadn't received it and the due date had passed.

The guy took it though via fax and we're now waiting for the check. It should get mailed out tomorrow, but too late for the van.

Mike and I discussed it and we figure we can pick up a cheaper commuter car from auctions and avoid the huge monthly payments and save the house. Our credit's screwed anyhow, so it's not like we have any interest in worrying about that. And there's lots of other people's repo'ed cars at the dealers, so we may end up with one of those. Mike wants the 4WD, but I am thinking we get a cheap commuter car for now and fuck the snow. The big snow season stuff has really passed to be honest and we're absolutely dry as a bone here now.

I figure once he gets a job, we can sock away money and get a 4x4. Right now, we just need working wheels for kid pick up and driving around. We have chains for the Buick, so we're covered.

Other than that, I'm up at this hour because I'm in agony. My joints are all inflamed and I feel like trash. Earlier, even my finger joints were hurting. I'm low on vicodan, so I'm trying to be sparing with it, but I'm sorely tempted to pound what I have. I took 2 and then those started to wear off after 4 hours, so I'm here waiting for them to kick over again. I will be at work tomorrow nodding off, I'm sure, but as long as my body is in my chair, I don't give a rat's patooty. I've got caffeine in large supply and I can pee at will with this job, so I'll do what I have to.

I also have holy cow gas -- like distending my insides to blimp-like proportions. I think it's from all the meds for the pain and stuff, but dang, it blows, so to speak, or in this case, doesn't blow enough.

I have my black hippy patchwork dress that's loose and comfortable and I can get away with knee socks under it. I'm just a lowly customer service representative, so I'm not having to dress like a fashion icon for this job. Jeans and pants seem like they'd be way too constrictive and well, they aren't clean either. I wish I could find a single pair of my softwalk shoes. I have a single brown one...I suspect the other is buried beneath things that I can't lift.

Just one stupid pair would be lovely. They're comfortable and supportive and they give me a break from other shoes, so my feet aren't all crunchy painful. Once the check arrives, I'm going to buy a pair. I need something to alternate my feet into from my ecco sneakers.

Ok. I'm hitting the tired wall.

(THUD)

No comments: