Saturday, January 10, 2009

Foodwise....So yesterday, I ate a good breakfast -- veggie quesadilla, resisted my husband's efforts to load it with meat/fat/calories. For dinner, hubby wanted to just toss a jar of spaghetti sauce on noodles. I shudder to think! I loaded the sauce with veggies (zucchini, spinach, and mushrooms) and tolerated his addition of well-drained hamburger.

I got one of my arthritis exercise videos yesterday and I determined that I have to do it on the bed. (Yeah, I know...I said, "do it.") It requires being on my hands and knees and laying down and things that would normally be really hard on a bad knee. If I have to get on my hands and knees, I'm locking the door from the husband or banning him from the room because I strongly suspect I won't get through the workout otherwise.

Everyone thought it was weird that he'd get me Barbies for Christmas, but they were cheap and he got me a few earrings and the candle stuff I like, but I was saying how I missed playing with Barbies. Frankly, it's been calming to sit there and change them in and out of clothes. I think with the stressors of late, that reverting to childhood calming behaviors isn't that weird. Genny thrashes her barbies anyhow, so it kind of stinks to try to play barbies with her. When I had my own, I enjoyed playing with her more, so she could trash hers and I could take care of mine.

What is this leading up to?

Well, Mike got me an after Christmas gift of a Wonder Woman Barbie. She's got articulating wrists and elbows, which is unusual in a Barbie, but I think they kept the original Barbie design for her boobage. Apparently, some years back they decided to reduce the boobage size of barbies to make them more reflective of real women because they determined that if her boobs were that big for real, she'd fall over. However, Wonder Woman has a serious comic book rack.

I want to open the box and play with her soooo bad because she's beautiful and her costume rocks. She's got her little bullet deflecting bracelets on, her truth lasso, and her crown that converts to a boomerang. I am thinking the Barbie crown doesn't convert to a boomerang, but I'm enjoying my fantasy. Her boots are to her knees and I like how her hair has some of the curl it should. She's very accurate, which is really awesome.

Just shut up.

I told Mike he'll have to buy me a second one, so I can play with one and admire the other. I'm thinking Malibu Barbie would look hot dressed as Wonder Woman for Halloween and that her beach extra wide feet that won't fit into regular Barbie shoes might fit into those Wonder Woman boots. I feel for Malibu Barbie with her extra wide feet. As I discovered that she would not fit into any of the regular Barbie shoes, I muttered under my breath, "Welcome to my World!"

Work starts Monday. I'm looking forward to it. It sounds like Monday will be the basic orientation, benefits presentation stuff.

Mike's had a couple promising interviews, but nothing yet.

No comments: