Monday, January 19, 2009

I should be tired and I kind of am, but I think that 12 hours straight of sound sleeping on Sunday night and a solid 8 last night with an hour of drowsing made a big difference.

I'm overwhelmed and underwhelmed with the work training. I keep feeling frustrated because I'm such a kinesthetic learner that we're not actually experimenting with it, messing up and learning from our mistakes. I learn very well that way. Memorizing the same information presented in 10 different formats is driving me crazy. At the same time, I'm learning it, so half my brain obviously gets it and is at odds with the other half that doesn't.

I ate pizza last night and paid like crazy today with the gas and discomfort stuff, despite remembering my tummy medication. Tonight's fare involves ground turkey, though, so I think it'll go better for me tomorrow.

I'm eating carefully and losing weight, though I don't know how much. I have to convince myself to get up and throw on a swimsuit and go to the pool some morning soon. I may buck up the courage on Wednesday or Thursday.

This morning freaked me out because I got pulled over and the cop took 15 minutes to decide NOT to give me a ticket because my windshield was frosty, despite copious scraping. I did take a picture of it with my phone to show that it wasn't that bad, though, which he may have seen me do. The stupid front license plate is missing on the danged car and apparently, that's not legal either, so Mike will have to resolve that for me.

Of course, when the cop asked me for my license, I couldn't find it immediately and I couldn't easily get to my damned registration without taking apart the freaking car(putting up the cup holder and all the crap in the little compartment behind it) and dumping my coffee. I gave him my license number. Then I went to work and found my license and dug out the registration and started to walk to his car with them in hand, and he met me halfway and sent me on my way. I started to ask him if he could hold my coffee a minute and he looked at me like I was smoking crack and I sort of left the sentence hanging in the air, realizing how dumb it sounded after it left my mouth. He said, "Uh, no." (But he was really nice about it)Being flustered makes you say the stupidest stuff.

Of course, then I was flying all the way to work, so as to not be late, which blew completely. Thankfully, he was NOT on that road. :P

On the plus side, I got home to my house, cringing at the thought...and Mike had cleaned the livingroom spotlessly. He's a great househusband! He even makes my lunch and coffee for me in the mornings. I am definitely going to have to be less tired and more prone to putting out.

No comments: