Saturday, October 22, 2005

We got up early this morning and took the boy child to get a barium swallow done.

And it's official, he has gastric reflux. We kind of knew that and I'd been cooking to counteract that, but I'm glad we caught it now, so that nothing permanent or awful happened. He's been taking prevacid for a bit now and I'd bought him over the counter meds for it, too.

I don't know if this entails more testing or not. We should find out on Monday.

Mike's now harrassing me to get the same thing done, but I'm waiting until January when our new health account thing rolls over because this is going to cost us big.

In other health news, I'm low thyroid again, so I'm having to increase my dose. It's weird because all the stuff they worried would happen when I took the new thyroid meds did not and I went hypothyroid again, which has fucked my sugars to no end and which means I was right to be taking more thyroid there for a week or so.

The good news is that despite that I feel better and now, I'll get to feel even better, so nyah, cruel health goddess! I'd just like to not have to take insulin in the interim! Maybe I need to leave some steamed broccoli and steamed brown rice on the cruel health goddess' altar. I wonder if she likes salsa?

It's becoming nigh on 2AM, so off to bed with me.

No comments: