Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I'm just feeling kind of so-so lately. When I was taking more of the thyroid, I felt better, but I was kind of worrying because it seemed like a lot and I was up at night. It was also when I was barely able to breathe, so I haven't gone back to trying the same dose while relatively healthy.

Right now, the brushes, native to this state sagebrush and rabbitbrush are in full bloom and basically, everyone feels like shit for about a month and a half. Mike, the healthy one, has a dribbly nose from the stuff.

I feel kind of like a slave to the house. I don't feel like I can leave for much time because otherwise, I have a hard time sleeping with the asthma junk. Tomorrow, I have to stain Genny's bed outside, so I think I might get up and do that early when it's cold and the pollen is going to be frozen, too. I hate cold hands, but I'd rather just get it done. Her current bed is the $100 cheapy canopy we got at a discount furniture store and it keeps falling apart, so I've got to get the new one stained, so we can get it in her room. I'm actually looking forward to cleaning under her bed and rearranging her room to be neat and tidy for her, too.

What she doesn't know, is that I'm going to be dumping out a bunch of the broken happy meal toys, hiding away the cute wooden toys, and finding a low-lying table at a thrift store to paint and then put the dollhouse on. I'm going to remove her old bureau, put an organizing system in her closet, and use the captain's bed to store her clothes. She desperately wanted a bunk bed, but I figured she could be had for one of those chairs that folds out or a twin size fold up futon. I'm going to do a little poking around to see what I can find.

I am getting really good at this home decorating thing. I think it's probably related to all of those times I've fallen asleep while sick during hgtv -- all that stuff is buried in my unconscious mind. If I start knocking out walls, run, m'kay?

No comments: