Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Lately, I've been so tired and things are hurting in weird places.

I haven't been checking my sugars much, but I pulled one last night -- a 145. For me, that's kind of high before bed. I usually like to have my sugars more around 100-110 before bed. So I took an extra glucophage. This morning, they hadn't dropped much only 129 -- again high for me.

Around 4PM, I took my sugars and they were 93, and I was hungry, so I had a small slice of apple pie. Three hours later, they were 188! I was stunned. I haven't had a sugar that high since I took prednisone!

I took a little 70/30 insulin to bring it down. Two hours after dinner, my sugars were 122. Kind of high for me.

I biked a little on the exercise bike and now, they're 106, but damn. Makes me wonder what the heck?

I'm going to get up at a decent hour and do a quesadilla with a pound of salsa for breakfast. I'll have a sandwich for lunch with a small apple, and then dinner will be Hamburger Helper with ground turkey and veggies and I'll track the sugars.

No comments: