Thursday, October 13, 2005

I'm about doing laundry til I puke today. Tomorrow, I take the packed van, pick up the girl around 1115 at daycare, pick up the hubbins at work around 1145, and the boy at noon and then we head for Mel's.

We're going to a Princess tea party. Please gag me, but yes, that's what we're doing. It's Lulu's birthday and we'd said some time ago that we were going to go. Russell has asked if he can bring his gameboy, I also suggested that he could stay at the hotel and do his homework, if he was going to be a snot. He quickly stated that no, he would not be a snot.

I bought a gift for her younger brother, whose birthday was a couple weeks ago. I figure he's young enough at two to not quite get why he doesn't get gifts and she does. I bought him a gi-normous tonka truck, which I am pretty sure, he'll adore. I got her one of those unfold it fabric princess trunks, a princess strobe light, and a Ken doll. Her mom is getting her a princess doll, so I figured she'd probably need a prince, so that they could marry and live happily ever after.

I've got nutritious snacks for the trip -- no crap, so that I can actually keep my sugars reasonably managed and so the kids don't end up cranky from crappy fatty salty food. I got carmel corn cakes, carrot sticks, celery sticks, cheese chunks, and fruit. I got propel because it doesn't have a bunch of sugar in it and because the kids like it and it'll keep everyone hydrated. I got diet soda for me and mountain dew for Daddy because I figure 8 hours of driving will require caffeine. I'm also packing bottled water. Because the weather is supposed to be touchy this weekend, we're also going to pack winter coats. If you can think of anything I forgot, of course, lemme know. ;)

Oh, yeah, the kitchen sink! Shit. I'm going to have to repack EVERYthing. Heh.

My biggest problem with packing is that I have no idea what I will want to wear, so I end up packing about three times the clothes that I actually need, and invariably forget some important component to a family member's wardrobe. Last time, I didn't pack enough socks for Mike and Bear, so we found a local Walmart and bought socks.

My sugars are better today. I tested and they were 106 at 7AM. I went back to sleep and they were still 106 at 10. At brunch, I was careful -- a couple slices of pizza and a big salad. I told Mike that I don't understand my need to sleep until 10-1030 daily. It's just plain weird. He said that I should go to bed earlier. The trouble is that I am such a night owl that I get a lot more crap done at night, so I prefer to stay up to do it. I just feel guilty and naughty sleeping in so much.

I'm also thinking that the burgundy curtains on the northeast side of the house aren't helping. My already cave-like room becomes darker and cozier, so my light clock is all confuzzled. I'm thinking to change out the curtains to sheers, so that we retain the privacy, but gain some of the light.

I need to stop dawdling at the computer and head out to get Genny.

No comments: