Sunday, October 23, 2005

Today, I felt like I didn't do much. I was just kind of in slow motion all day. I woke up late after going to bed late and got moving late and everything was just later and later as the day progressed.

I've been playing runescape lately. It's got me totally hooked. I've gotten to be a pretty good magician and fighter, but that's about it. I'm bored mostly. I hit this place before in playing and found it just as boring. And then Mike said something and I was all interested again.

Now, I can't remember why I was interested.

Genny's butterfly room is shaping up. Stuff is so pretty and she feels special, so that's all that mattered. She was running through the house shouting,"I've got a pretty butterfly room!" We finally asked her to stop shouting in the house.

I got the butterfly canopy up and I got curtains hung on the window and you can't see butterflies from the outside. I have this thing about not wanting people to look at my windows and be able to determine whose room is whose. I don't want them to see that the rooms are for kids or to be able to determine the gender of the child whose room it is. I know I live in the country, so I should get over it, but it's just a parental weirdness with me and Mike actually agreed.

So we actually went outside and made sure that you couldn't see the butterflies on her curtains from outside.

I'm halfway through the construction of her closet organization system thing. I think Mike's going to have to pound out the board and pole that's in there and we'll have to repaint a bit, but I think she'll be happy with the final result. We're also going to be putting up butterfly stuff we bought for her room to decorate further and her Winnie-the-Pooh light is going to go to charity along with her WTP throw rug. I have to replace her throw rug with something pretty, but I can't find anything I'm thrilled with yet. The thing that was supposed to come with the set, is ugly and expensive, so I need to hunt a little longer and I tell you, my inclination is just to skip it.

I also have to paint over existing stencils of WTP and friends on the wall. So I need to scrounge through the garage and find my bucket of paint and do my repairs.

I also was Suzy HomeEc today -- roasted a beautiful turkey and made yams, stuffing, and gravy for it. I also made a lovely no-sugar added cranberry sauce with apples, raspberries, lemon zest, orange zest, and a boatload of fresh ginger. Both kids liked it -- a feat unheard of in most kitchens AND the husband liked it, and he usually loathes cranberry sauce.

Of course, I got splattered several times while tending the pot, so I really need to think about that whole "wear an apron" thing more carefully. I need to can the rest of it and give it away to my diabetic friends for the holidays or plan to make more. I have such a huge pot, canning it seems likely.

No comments: