Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I got up feeling like I'd been drugged and driven to Central America, last night, such that I was sleeping so hard when Genny came in to cuddle, that I had to literally drag myself up kicking and screaming and fell back asleep twice in the process. Sidenote: You know you're a mom when you toss blankets over your child and you make sure while not conscious that her feet are covered.

I got up and got moving and got Genny over to LaDawn's for schoolwork and then headed to the small city to eat then swim. I swam for a half hour and there were a few things I learned about how much my stupid knee hurts, but hell, it felt good and my sugars were better afterwards.

Then I started to drive home and discovered a Walmart very close to our closest store. I got so excited that I drove over through the parking lot to look around and verify that it was open and then called LaDawn to say,"Did you know that...?"

I need a life. I can't believe I'm excited at the prospect of a closer Walmart, but for me, it means less driving to get house essentials. I know I should just sell my soul to the devil and get it over already, but when you drive as much as I do in the course of a week, you'd appreciate closer shopping, too.

Then I came home and threw together a pot of beef stew, some laundry, and a fruit crisp that was to die for -- plums, pears, apples, and raspberries. Next time, I'm leaving out the raspberries, but it was yummy. A little snipped up fresh ginger, lemon zest, and pecans made for a yummy crisp. I made buttered egg noodles to put stew on and munched away.

Tomorrow, I need to cook up and can the cranberries and raspberries into a yummy canned cranberry sauce for turkey. I'm roasting one on Friday because they had a two for one deal. The other one is in the freezer waiting for T-Day. I figure a bit of sugar-free cranberry sauce done ahead for the holidays is a good thing. :)

Course, I'm a bit touched in the head, too. *chortle*

No comments: