Friday, October 07, 2005

It's a lazy meme stolen from Robyn

1. Name someone with the same birthday as you? D. H. Lawrence, Harry Connick, Jr., and O. Henry. It's also a rather infamous day -- the day the World Trade Centers blew up and the day Hurricane Iniki hit Kauai -- filmed in "Jurassic Park." 9/11

2. Where was your first kiss? Some kind of camp thing when I was about 14. I kissed a 17 year old named J.W. who was hoping to get some. I was young enough and naive enough to completely freak out and turn him down.

3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else’s property? Seriously, no.

4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex? Yes. I smack Mike when he's giving me a hard time. He laughs at me. Basturd.

5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? Yeah, in church when I was a teenager.

6. What’s the first thing you notice about the preferred sex? His eyes, his hands, his brain, and his sense of humor.

7. What really turns you on? To the tune of "These are a Few of my Favorite Things," Vibrating butt plugs and men who look like thugs....heh. Like I'd really put *that* on the internet. If you want something innocent - I get turned on spiritually by a beautiful sunset, watching quail, and watching stars.

8. What do you order at Starbucks? Venti sugar-free vanilla latte with 2%, mint mocha frappucino (when I need my daily caloric intake), and a tall pumpkin spice latte (if I don't care how high my sugars go.

9. What is your biggest mistake? Believing that I don't make mistakes.

10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose? No, I do a fine job of that without intention.

11. Say something totally random about yourself. I really like my "Queen of the Freakin' Universe" sweatshirt.

12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity? When I was young and skinny, I was told I look like Lauren Bacall.

13. Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows? Yes. I have children. I'm kind of screwed that way.

14. Did you have braces? Nope, but it was a narrow escape. My teeth magically grew together and straight.

15. Are you comfortable with your height? Yes.

16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you? The question is more along the lines, of what hasn't he done for me that I wish for? And, really, I can't think of anything. Mike's pretty cool that way.

17. When do you know it’s love? I used to think I was in love and then I met Mike. I think for me, I knew it was love when I just felt calm and happy about him. There were no flutters nothing crazy, just it felt like everything just clicked into place and I loved him.

18. Do you speak any other languages? Spanish is a second language I'm pretty fluent in. I can read German and I know a few phrases in Polish and Russian. I had a year of Latin, but I remember little of it.

19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

20. What magazines do you read? Better Homes and Garden, The New Yorker, and Life.

21. Have you ever ridden in a limo? Yes. I got driven to school in one a few times.

22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away? My grandfather died a couple years ago before I got the time to see him. Broke my heart.

23. Do you watch mtv? Not enough to merit mention.

24. What’s something that really annoys you? When Russell has one of his weird little schizo moments, where he freaks out about either spiders, snakes, scorpions, mice, or bees. Tonight, it was cold and he was swearing up and down there was a black widow on the front step. "Just go inside, Russell." "I think it's a black widow. It's definitely a black spider." In my head, I'm thinking, it's cold enough to freeze my big fat butt off, I'm thinking large clump of soil, here.

25. What’s something you really like? Cooking for people. Doing things for people that I know they'll appreciate. Massages. Sewing. Making out with Mike on the couch.

26. Do you like Michael Jackson? I liked his music, but now, I just think he's a sick bastard who should be castrated and ignored.

27. Can you dance? Yes. I took tap and ballet. I can dance. I also can follow a lead and dance quite well in almost anything.

28. What’s the latest you have ever stayed up? I pulled all-nighters in college several times.

29. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room? Not yet.

30. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out? God forfend, I do. It's kind of like a train wreck. I just can't pull my eyes away.

No comments: